DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I only did them so dark because otherwise they come through orange and it kind of throws off the car haha
Yeah, makes sense. I ran into the same issue. I ended up taking my special mirror housing apart, and tinting just the interior orange lens, and it came out great. Very time consuming tho

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Was strolling across my old photos and I remembered that I was planning on cleaning my throttle body and forgot about it.

It wasn't too dirty, but its the first time I know about it being done in 110k

Also repainted the windshield wiper cowl

It was kind of discolored just from time getting to it.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Nice to take some time for TLC. Looks good!

See any drivability improvements with the clean throttle body?
Well it could be placebo, but I believe it has less hesitation in low RPMs, also a slightly lower idle when warmed up. Definitely worth it to learn something more indepth about the car. Also was able to get two projects done at once. The throttle body and the painting!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Mod list update:
Powertrain:
J-Intake CAI
Second Muffler Delete

Interior:
600 watt amp
12" Sony Xplod sub (for the flavor not the panel rattle)
Airbag plaque covers (thanks 300maximilien)
Silver trim
Wing Clock

Exterior:
Platinum Series Badges (OEM)
Spyder Halos (Thanks mnitetrain)
HID Conversion (and thanks again mnitetrain)
Rear brake light LED (thanks 300maximilien)
Tinted Brake lights, turn signals, mirror turn signals
Aluminum (Now painted black) lower grill block
300m special turning mirrors
Silverstar zXe high beam lights (I recommend these)
2.5" Projector Fog lights w/ H1 HID conversion

Etc:
Whistler radar detector
Weight Reduction - 40 lbs of sound deadening material

Upcoming some soon and some high hopes:
2003 special pcm on the way very soon
3.89 gears to balance out the special pcm
Bored Throttle Body
Plenum Spacer
Hybrid exhaust system with loud and quiet flow regulating
Underdrive Pulley
160 amp Alternator

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
4/10/2013
2003 special pcm installed.
4/13/2013 rear muffler removed making it essentially straight piped off the stock collector. I have since added a tip that aims it more towards the ground. A lot more quiet off that one piece. Weird haha

4/14/2013
Plenum spacer added in. Snapped a bolt, but not much I can do about it for the time being.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Washed up today and decided to take some pictures turned out decently

Also got my dual exhaust made up for the time being. Contemplating tips at the moment, but I kind of want to keep it simple possibly.

Also rigged up a theoretical intake top for my J-intake because the car being black the heat from the hood is getting sucked in there I decided possibly having an extra top to it might help out. Kind of theoretical at the moment. I was bored.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I recently bought some awesome "projector LED reverse lights" on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/160809400086?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
I installed them today and I must say it's a great improvement over stock!

This is the stock lighting from the reverse lights

This is from the new LED projector reverse lights

I'll have to wait a little while until night and snap some pics then. I am already really rather impressed though and I recommend them already! They are pretty awesome quality from what I could see and were here in a matter of a few days.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)
Picked up a little something from Gorm's today

We had one hell of a time fitting them in the M

We made it work...

Finished pics tomorrow. They are already on but too dark to get any beauty shots ha!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Little something in the mail today. 25mm spacers for the rear wheels.

Before:

After:

They look good. Though I might want to invest in some mud flaps for the rear. The wheel pops out more now and might flick up more than before.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
From the looks of the after shot, it looks like you need to adjust your rear toe.

Looks good, how much were they and where did you pick them up from?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
From the looks of the after shot, it looks like you need to adjust your rear toe.

Looks good, how much were they and where did you pick them up from?
Well I would question off brand any day, but I got them from eBay and they were made from airplane aluminum. I'll try to get a link up. They only ended up being fifty bucks shipped but are made specifically for our bolt pattern. I am extremely satisfied so far.

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Nah - it's fine. You go stand next to your car and look at your tire from that same angle. Remember the ass-end tapers together a bit. Wheel is straight, body line does curve in towards the back.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
This is very true. Its been a long day, so my eyes may have been playing tricks on me lol

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
It really gives the M a nice stance look. I am thinking about making some custom mud flaps that would add a nice little finish up on it. A co-worker noticed that they looked more flush with the car when I showed him. I think it's splitting hairs, but none the less very nice looking.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts