DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Those bolts F'n suck. Mine sheared off, had to weld a nut on and torch them out slowly with a wrench.
I just grinded it off and replaced it with another crossmember. It was like $40 so I can complain and if I ever need some $ I'll drill out the other one and resell it ha. Probably just going to scrap it though because I don't want to take the time.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Bought time for an update

I detinted all the turning signals and brake lights back to stock color except rears I lightly retinted to make the orange and red flow a little better.

A little dirty, but meh

Mods as of 10/6/13
Powertrain:
J-Intake CAI
Home-made 2.5" dual exhaust (Y-pipe right after gas tank going to each side) Only stock collector left.
V3 3/8" intake spacer
3.89 gears
Special PCM
Mobil 1 full synthetic 10w-30 oil w/ synthetic oil filter

Interior:
600 watt amp
12" Sony Xplod sub (for the flavor not the panel rattle)
Airbag plaque covers (thanks 300maximilien)
Silver trim

Exterior:
Platinum Series Badges (OEM)
Spyder Halos (Thanks mnitetrain)
HID Conversion 6000k (and thanks again mnitetrain)
Custom Projector 6000k HID fog lights
Rear brake light LED (thanks 300maximilien)
Silverstar zXe high beam lights
Turning signal mirrors (came with platinum series)
Blacked out 300m special wheels
Third brake light LED strip

Etc:
Whistler radar detector
-40lbs of sound deadening

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
This space needs an update!!
Not much has been done! I deblacked everything (rims, turning signals, and brake lights) for the time being just to change things up.

Also put some tips on while I fixed my home-made dual exhaust exitting (left is facing outwards too much)
Went from this:

To this:

I don't have much else planned out for a while due to the harsh weather!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Put a bumper lip on today. I tore off the stock piece of plastic on the underside on a curb so I took the opportunity to try something out!

Not too shabby!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Looking good... Catch can work? These engines love to suck in the engine oil from the ventilation system.

I like to tease and say it's a high performance thing... :D

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Looking good... Catch can work? These engines love to suck in the engine oil from the ventilation system.

I like to tease and say it's a high performance thing... :D
Yeah it works great, at least as far as I can tell. I checked it since it was installed around a week ago, but no oil has accumulated what so ever. So that's good at least. Also painted that to match everything.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Well today I got a bill for $554 from college so it looks as if future mods are put on hold. Out of anger I decided to jump and try something a little weird and want to show you guys.

I took my dremel and bored down the outside of my spare throttle body to be essentially flush so the air entering isn't restricted by that hill. It's still 68 mm, but if anything it should be a free mod, with the exception of some dremel sanding bits I already had.

Still kind of a mock up. Need to polish it down to a smoother finish before it'd be ready, but I suppose it isn't that bad, better than a stock set-up would be I would assume. If anything I can still send my other throttle body off and get it bored out.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Well I installed the bore matched throttle body, but I haven't been able to tell much of a difference. Idles slightly higher, which is probably because of the sensor being cleaned up. I'm assuming that'll go down over time. It's only about a 100 over normal idle. I'll have to take it out for a test run tonight and see if butt dyno can tell anything. Also in 2004 did they change the tb plate to a silvery metal? When I pulled it out compared to the one that was going in it seemed different because the other is a brass color as you can see

·
Registered
738 Posts
I've always known them to be the brass color... But I recall a 04 one being silver for some reason.. I'll have to check my spare one downstairs!

How does she feel when the turbo-v-tech kicks in now?

81 - 100 of 113 Posts