DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I've always known them to be the brass color... But I recall a 04 one being silver for some reason.. I'll have to check my spare one downstairs!

How does she feel when the turbo-v-tech kicks in now?
The turbo vtec kicks in hard at around 6000 rpms, gives me the awesome extra boost in the next 250 before shift.! In all honestly though, I think it helped slightly, but hard to tell. Butt dyno says slightly faster increase in rpm during passing and hard acceleration, but otherwise not much of a difference. My '04 TB has a silver plate and I just cleaned it up. Weird. Going to probably have that one sent off to be for real bored while I play with the one I have. For a free mod and it kept me busy I believe it was worth it.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Been a while since I had an update.

Car is currently on the lift getting the solenoid changed out. Ran out of time yesterday and won't be back in town to finish for a couple days. So there's that

Also ordered four sumitomo tires for the special rims so I can get rid of my used tires up front and the tires that came on the rims from when I bought them from Gorm last year!

Throttle body works just fine despite being ghetto ported. Still want to get a LIM and port that and slap that in there.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
8/16/14 Update
Wrapped the cold air intake in a heat reflective tape to keep the heat sinking down for longer rides. Don't really expect anything performance wise out of it, but I had some left over from another project so I decided why not!

Darkened up the rims with some black out paint and decently excited about the results. Not expert by any means, but a cheap change that doesn't look too bad!

Yeah yeah I know overspray... At least it blends in with the tires.

Really bright picture, but it gets the point across.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Well took our the sub, because ya know, race car. Haha jk, just never used it and I just plan on selling the whole lot to a pal. Also went back to OEM headlights. Just got bored with the spyders and planned on doing a projector swap, but kind of stopped that whole idea. All tinted lights are back to normal except rears which are barely tinted.

Updated Mod list
Mods so far

Engine:
J-Intake CAI wrapped in heat reflective tape and heat shield
Y-pipe at gas tank into duals
3.89 gears
Special PCM
Intake Spacer V3
Port match throttle body

Weight Reduction:
-90lbs

Interior:
TPS
Airbag plaque covers (thanks 300maximilien)
Rear brake light LED (thanks 300maximilien)
Aluminum lower grill block
Six cd deleted to a cubby
Silver Trim (OEM)

Exterior:
Special Wheels colored black chrome
Tinted tails
Special custom dings and scratches

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
What are you looking to get into after the sale?
Well not really looking into much. I have a company car and that gets most the miles as well as my girlfriend has her personal car so we either use that or the M for driving around. The M doesn't get any miles on it anymore other than my most recent trip to Minnesota. Thinking about just taking the car and parting it out at this point. Got a few small things that need done to it, but it's not worth terribly much either. I think I might just experiment with it for a while!

It has a P0340 that I just ordered a camshaft sensor for just to make sure it's reliable for anyone who would be interested, but it's not posted anywhere except on here so not really much rush on selling it I guess. Not terribly motivated seller if ya know what I mean. I wouldn't mind a used Scion FRS though as a nice little for fun car before I need to settle down!

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Car getting a make-over instead of trading her in. HR springs on the way, camshaft position sensor almost here. Need to get the rest of the suspension sorted out and bought. Then some other plans after all of that happens.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Camshaft sensor put in yesterday. $77 from my local chrysler dealership.... Also got a thermostat and housing gasket while I was there and I'll do that when I do my next oil change. Then next big leap will be struts.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts