DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh yeah! I just landed an OTIX for my R/T. Well I think its an OTIX (It has the Menu button on the right). Major thanks to the guy that hooked me up. I don't want to say his name... unless he comes out and identifies himself cause I dont want him to get hundreds of emails asking for one. Besides, he did me a really huge favor and I am very grateful!

I also have the wiring harness... so I can hook this badboy up. For the guys that did this install... its it pretty simple with the harness. The harness looks like a long ass wire with a bunch of connectors on each end... looks pretty much plug and play.

Anyways.... I was definitely doing the "happy dance" here at work. Ill be doing the even happier dance once I get it plugged in. :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
GOOD SCORE! -I wish I could find on OTIX but I'm happy with OTIS. I'll switch mine over when I find one but not pressed for one now. Take pics when you're done.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Did yours come with a fancy reaview mirror like Don's did?

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe OTIX has the MENU button instead of some other button. You can program the OTIX so your car will do certain things. I am not sure what exactly. Don might know, from what I know he is the only person on this board that currently has an OTIX installed.

·
Registered
407 Posts
You can program it to do all sorts of things, like remind when your 3000 mile service is due, turn your headlights on when your wipers are on, only remotely unlock the drivers door, tells you what door is open, does all the functions of an OTIS, turn of the annoying honk when you remotely lock the doors, set up how long the auto lamp feature stays on etc.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i want an otix!
i'll trade my OTIS for one...but i doubt i'd get any takers.

how much?

[ December 04, 2001: Message edited by: Thrasher ]

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no clue how much they were... mine was a gift. :)

But I do know my dealer wanted $400 right from the Mopar book for an OTIS. Isnt that crazy?

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My dealer wanted $400 for the console, straight from the Mopar book. I am not sure if this included the wiring harness or not. They will run for $150-200 at a junkyard, but you have to find a junkyard that has one. I had no such luck in NYC with the junkyards.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
sweet! gotta love that! if it's free! it's for me!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Dj:

Help a New York Metro area R/T brother out. What favor do I need to do?

Sorry no sexual favors, I will pay for it. (the OTIX not sexual favors)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts