DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that you guys are done talking about pink neon, spoilers, window decals, chrome shifters, etc,...

DOES ANYONE WANT TO LIST SOME PERFORMANCE UPGRADES AVAILABLE BESIDES A K&N AIR FILTER?

what else is available for an 02 ES?

Also, anyone know why my 02 w/ infinity sound DOES NOT HAVE steering wheel controls?

mug

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Originally posted by Mugzilla:
Now that you guys are done talking about pink neon, spoilers, window decals, chrome shifters, etc,...

mug
Actually we haven't started in on the booties we are knitting for the pedals so our footies don't get cold. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
My understanding about the steering wheel controls is that they are controlled through the engine controller. Unfortunately it seems like a lot of trouble to get the controller modified just for the radio controls.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
the steering wheel controls are on the backside of the wheel, in about in the 4 and 8 o'clock positions.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
WHAT???
steering wheel controls is that they are controlled through the engine controller
the controls are wired to the body controler.They are still being put on 2002 cars.

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
I might say that the steering wheel controls are VERY handy! I do wish they would have put them on the front a la GM-style though. But I'm not complaining. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thrasher,
Nope, no radio controls on my car. I have heard from a few other stray posts I have posted here on Dodgeintrepid.net that they were eliminated on all 2002 intrepids. The concorde and 300m still have them as an option...

Oh well..

mug

·
Registered
15 Posts
Opps. Sorry. I meant body controller. But it's still a lot of trouble to bring a car from no steering wheel radio controls to having them work.

If you do go through all the trouble though, you should see if you can get one of those wood-trim steering wheels that comes with the 300M luxury package installed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No dice, I love the leather-wrapped wheel. What is the facination with adding a chrome 300m shifter anyways?

mug

·
Registered
973 Posts
mugzilla - welcome to the best forum for Intrepids! Now, read some of these folks signatures and you'll see there is more than neon out here. These same folks will help save your bacon when and if you get into a jam. As for Otto, I'd take his word as gospel .... he has to be be some big shot at DC, he does work there we know, and his advice and tech knowledge is spot on.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Intrepidatious, are you taking orders for those booties?...I'll take mine in baby blue ;) :D :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don and Ottowrkr,
No offense was meant. It is just that 1 800 4 a dodge, and 1 800 Chrysler are telling me that the radio controls are NOT available on any intrepid this year.

As for "you'll see there is more than neon out here",... I beg to differ! Alot of signatures on this string look like this:

-car bra
-vent visors
-K&N chrome shifter
-pink LED to make my car look like KITT from Knight Rider
-Infinity sound
-93 octane gas in the tank
-did I mention my K&N filter?-DodgeIntrepid.Net Decal
-PIAA Ion Crystal Amber Fog Lights
-Custom speed shop knitted brake pad booties

No offense,... just scroll up the page and read the signatures!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts