DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You think you cruise in style?//Psychedelic DC8 pilot!!!

Now THIS is cruisin'!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9T51UsuaPU&search=Flying

"just another day at the office!"
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5966521951114181512
Here's the pilot's bio...
Keeping it short.

Starting flying at 13 years old as I washed planes at Santa Monica Airport, CA. Got my license at 20 after my motorcycle accident.

I have an ATP, CFII, AMEL,ASEL,ASES,Glider.
TT 14,000 hours, 9000 PIC Typed in DC8 BA3100 and EMB110
I was a flight instructor in the mid 80's, Chief Pilot for Air LA in the late 80's early 90's, DC8 Driver for Emery Worldwide Airlines for 12 years (who told 500 guys to get lost and let ALPA take care of us, and thats a whole nother story) Then Chief Pilot for Pacific Wings in 02, TSA instructor, and then DC8 Captain in MIA for a short time.

Im out of flying as I went from $140,000 a year/12 days a month to $60,000 a year/21 days a month. I miss it but its not my hobby and I need to be paid very well for my services.

So Im a full time actor,comic,musician,aircraft stunt pilot and a Hollywood kind of a guy now.

Hope this answers some questions. Look on my website for more videos and complete details.

Caneman
www.caneman.tv
$140K/12days!!!! I'm in the wrong career field !!

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
My brother's friend's Civic could sooooo kick their ass... he has a really wide racing stripe and 6 R-Type badges.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Been there, done that.
as cool as it is doing terrain following in a jet, you have to do it in something big like a CC130 Hercules to get a real rush out of it (done that too).

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
CDN R/T said:
My brother's friend's Civic could sooooo kick their ass... he has a really wide racing stripe and 6 R-Type badges.
man, you crack me up bro!

A welcome infusion of levity!

:frenzy:

Cheers:beerchug:

BJ

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm jealous! My low level flying NEspeed was only 135knts...still a rush at 6' agl!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
silver&gold said:
A rush in a C-130?????
yup, try 320 knots at 40 feet.
I was puckered so hard i was picking seat cushion out of my butt for 3 days after that flight!

Luckily, there's no proof for the grown ups to see (keeps you out of trouble)!

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
redhot04 said:
I want to do that, that looks like hella fun! Can I pay to do that?
If you got enough bucks, you can go for one hell of a ride in a MIG 29.
Or commit 4 years of your life to training (basic training to wings graduation) and get a compulsory 5 years service after that.

Cheers

BJ

1 - 15 of 15 Posts