DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, at about 2:15 p.m today after i got out of school i got in my trep 3.2 ( yes its finally fixed ) and was going to get something to eat. So, while i was going back with one of my friends in the car with me, i see this white 99 VW jetta on my ass gaining on me big time, my friend goes, dude dave this guy wants to race lets see what this car's got. I'm like nah dude i aint racin with you in the car, so he passes me thinking hes cool, then i pass him while i was in the fast lane and him in the middle lane. My friend and I both look at him to see what was up with that guy, then he floored it, i start gaining speed but wasnt racing, then i just slowed down. I was going about 65, he blew the **** passed me going about 85, there were cars ahead of him, so he swerved in the middle lane and then the slow lane and into a mall entrance ramp, Im like oh god he aint gonna make it, all of a sudden i hear BOOOOOM! His left front tire blows up and he goes over the island median goin about 70- 80 mph. It was a very scary thing to see and makes you think twice about racing. He was alright since i looped around and saw him in shock on the phone probaly calling a tow truck. That was a very scary site. He was trying to show off to his buddies in the car with him and trying to be a smart ass, so god forbid if you street race, make sure it is an open highway and your an expierienced driver, or just dont race at all. - Dave

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
That sucks.

However, a '99 should have the 2.0 engine which is rated at 117hp but feels like much less. It's essentailly the same engine as the 1.8T but without the turbo. They're also known as the "2.slow". You should have been able to RIP him if you were in the mood to race.

Well done though, ricers who act like bigshots should get their own!

·
Registered
24 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts