DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to know what everyone was averaging in their cars for mpg, as for me....

vehicle- 98 Intrepid SE 3.2

avg- 24.7

just was curious to see if mine was good or bad compared to everyone else.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,742 Posts
Average I would say. I get 25-26 with a swapped in 3.2, but thats 90% highway driving too.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
That's about what I get with about 80% of my driving in the city. When I was commuting 25+ miles each way on the freeway, I would average about 28-30mpg depending on how much of a hurry I was in. :biggrin:

·
Registered
575 Posts
my computer says 23.8, and has never been reset in almost 80K miles, when i bought it it averaged 24.5. my driving has brought that down considerably, almost all around town miles. 3.2 all stock

·
Registered
715 Posts
3.2lt 99 ES

avg. 18-22 in town
31+ Highway (99.5% highway)
average between the two is 26-28 average driving

(pic from my sign page, 220 miles, high 60's and a light breeze)

I was talking to my dad yesterday, and last week, he drove down to Indianapolis for work.
He averaged 34mpg on the trip!! he has a 99 base 2.7lt with 160,000 miles on the motor. he showed me the gas reciepts for all the gas he bought, and it came out to that. He was even intown last night, and had 426 miles on 12 gallons of gas!! (3/4 tank) as of visiting me!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
well i dont know about mpg, but i drove from union (southern)wv to wash dc and back on 1 tank

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
23.8 here with the 3.2. I do mainly city driving however.....get about 30 on the highway.

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
On my trips to CA, I've had many trips that averaged in the 32-34 mpg range. Definitely wish I could get that around town!!

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Biggs01ES said:
my computer says 23.8, and has never been reset in almost 80K miles, when i bought it it averaged 24.5. my driving has brought that down considerably, almost all around town miles. 3.2 all stock
Mine's right around the same at 23.8 ish on my 2001 w/ 2.7L. I got a spreadsheet at home that I keep track of my mileage so I've got good data on it. My average is from May 2004 to current with 40K + miles of driving, much of which is highway back and forth to work. I'll have to double check that average but it sounds very close. I remember it being a tad under 24 last I checked.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Right now it's at 19.5 and I do about 15 miles of highway and 3-4 miles of city driving per day. If I drive a lot of highway, the average is around 24ish, I believe. But I haven't done much testing as I've only had the car for around a month and a half.
(of course the close-to WOT accelerations on the highway and 0-40 attempts kinda sorta kill the average;))

3 point 5 H-O is F-U-N. :D

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
froggy81500 said:
Mine's right around the same at 23.8 ish on my 2001 w/ 2.7L. I got a spreadsheet at home that I keep track of my mileage so I've got good data on it. My average is from May 2004 to current with 40K + miles of driving, much of which is highway back and forth to work. I'll have to double check that average but it sounds very close. I remember it being a tad under 24 last I checked.
Yeah my average over the course of the last 2 1/2 years and 40K miles is 23.7. That's a range of driving with a majority of it back and forth to work which is about 14highway and 3 or 4 city type driving one way. The highest recorded MPG was 29.4 and the lowest was during a very cold winter at 17.0 when it got down to a low close to -20F.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
32Intrepid said:
Average I would say. I get 25-26 with a swapped in 3.2, but thats 90% highway driving too.
Thats my ballpark number, and I have a 3.5 :p
Very little city driving for me :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts