DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, ive been readin z-max and looks like it rteally works, im thinkin of gettin new sparks changin oil, tranny fluid, z-max, checkin everything, whats kinda sparks to work great for 1st gen intrep.

·
9,861 Posts
Instead of using some super addative and K-Mart blue light special oil, why not just use good real synth oil?

Heres what you want to use...
Engine oil: Mobile 1 10w30
Oil filter: Mobile 1 or Pure One
Spark plugs: Champion Golds or Coppers (Golds last longer)
Trans fluid: Mopar ATF 4 (get it from the parts desk at your local dodge dealer)

I'm accually runing all of the above.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Z-max.. YAY

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you really want Z-max, just save the money and go get yourself some mineral oil, that's all it really is. That whole emptying the oil after Z-Max was added and then pumping sand in through the air on their old infomercial?
"I've never seen an engine go through that." No duh, cause no one is stupid enough to flow sand through their engine.

Bottom line: A report by the government a few years ago actually found that Z-Max ended up hurting many an engine instead of improving. Lawsuits were filed, I'm still surprised the product is actually still around.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Hypnos - Champion no longer manufactures gold plugs. They have replaced them with platinum. HTH

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I have the coppers now.. one of my golds got destroyed a while back, but they work great. ;)

Now if only I can tackle that low idle problem. :D

·
9,861 Posts
MeanGreen said:
Hypnos - Champion no longer manufactures gold plugs. They have replaced them with platinum. HTH
I keep hearing conflicting things about that. Some say they have been discontinued, others say they haven't.

Either way, carparts.com still has them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts