DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a hurry home from school the other day and there was a brand new BMW Z3 in the right lane sitting at a red light and I like being in front at a traffic light so I scooted next to him to a nice empty left lane and I suppose my high speed a minute before was an invitation to race or something, but the light turned green and I got my ass SMOKED hahaha , I mean, shoot, I can fit one of those cars in my back seat, what kind of pride did he get out of that. But anyhoo, I got killed, hard core, he was a few car lengths ahead of me by the time I crossed the intersection. harhar damn country club snobby executive types :)

-Dan :p

·
Registered
560 Posts
yeah them Z3s are zippy...competition for the porsche 911's (well, boxter, not the 911...the boxter ain't no carerra!!) dont like the looks of either one of them...bring on a carerra circa mid-80's!!! now THATS a good looking car!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with you 100% there, 80's porsches are the way to go :D original styling at its best.

-Dan :p

·
Registered
415 Posts
I know a kid at school who has one. Its black... Its sweet as hell. Surprisingly, he isn't very heavy on the gas at all with it, or from what I've seen him drive around town and the back road from school that most everyone flies on.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
The Boxster and the 911 are totally different beasts.

Boxster is a 2 seat convertible powered by a 2.7L 217hp H6 or a 3.2L 250hp H6.

The 911 is a coupe available in many trims ranging from 320 to 456hp in a 3.6L H6.

The Z3 is a nice car, but not that quick. It is either a 184hp 2.5L I6 or a 225hp 3.0L I6 and weighs right around 3000lbs. So really not too much advantage over an Intrepid. Possibly the guy really knew how to drive it, or it was modded.

Either way, nice kill....for him! :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
oh i know it man...my mother owns an '87 carerra, she bought it new in '86...
picture this! my mom walked onto the porsche showroom floor in '86, 5 months pregnant, and with lil' 5 year old me tagging along behind...asking to look at a car. the guys didnt want to help her out! she went somewhere else, this time bringing my dad along...(im glad this happened), she was looking at a 944 with a 'rare paint color' for that year...it was a pearlish white...well, she THANKFULLY didnt put a deposit on it, and went with a beautiful black on gray 911 instead that was in her price range. its got 75k miles on it now, but it seriously looks and drives like it has only 8k. never been driven hard, always had the oil changed at 7k miles (all 10 quarts of it!!!)...its cleaned every weekend and stored inside,...one fast little car! drives like its on rails...you dont steer, you point...NO bodyroll at all...

·
Registered
56 Posts
be careful what you say about BMW's ....

BWM engines produce 85% of full torque as low as 1000RPM.... thats why they are fast for their HP rating, they have full torque right through the full RPM range of every gear.

A 3550lb BWM 530 @ 225HP can walk an R/T... they can do the 1/4 in 15.5 sec.

But you can buy 2 R/T's and have change left over.....
wouldn't that be 244HP + 244HP = 488HP ???? :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
im not peeing on the BMW....krauts make some of the best cars out there (i mean, look at dodge!! :rolleyes:

that carerra though, is a piece of work. first gear, alright, redlines at around 60 MPH...seat-OF YOUR FN' PANTS all the way to 60! then 2nd gear!? my dad did a run in that car...pulled a 13.4 on the first and only run! car is prob faster, cause I was in the car, and he wasnt truly running it hard... :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...... M5........... droooooooooool.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm not sure if your giving the Z3 the credit it deserves...my friend at work gave me a ride home while my trep was in the shop. The trep doesnt compare...not even in braking...it made me miss my 300zx, but i'd never get rid of the trep, its an all around bad ass car.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Doode, the M5 is nice, but I want an M3!!!!!!
drool, that car is sweet. My uncle owns one, took me for a spin in it, this was like 2 years ago. That was f-ing cool. he made a hard right turn at an average of 40-45, and the car took it in stride. ... dark metallic blue, black top convertable. ... ahh, if only I had 35 grand [I like the mid to late 90's ones better than the brand new ones]

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Bradc My R/T can do 15.1 on cold days. BMW are great cars but cost many $$$$$$$. Plus most of the ones a have raced on the Hwy chicken out once you get above 100mph for some reason? I would love to get a M5. All black with smoked windows.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
haha, gotta love factory stero equipment :D ...and i agree with purple, my uncle has a '98 328i and i like the looks of that better than the new ones. Speaking of which he let me drive it once, and man does that thing move for a 2.8L!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts