DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the pics of MathWiz's car and he said he was using the Wet Paint whereas I was using Zaino. I ordered the Wet Paint from them directly (very nice people btw) and used it on the car already. Here are my findings.

1. Wet Paint is easier to apply since all you do is spray, buff in and wipe- Zaino requires more prep time and drying time.

2. Wet Paint works great on exterior glass-just make sure you wipe down with a damp towel to remove any residual smears.

3. Zaino's shine was deeper and more glossy and hides the scratches better, I have a silver car so swirls aren't too much of a problem. If you have a dark color than go with the Zaino. The Wet Paint is a great polish that is easier to use if you don't have the time or patience to do a complete Zaino treatment (like right before a date) and the results are superb compared to other spray wax and polishes (i.e dry wash n'guard).

4. Cost is a big factor and the Wet Paint was cheaper by far but the quality of the stuff is great.

5. Ease of application is kind of a mixed bag. The Wet Paint comes in a plastic bottle that up pressurize with a pump type top and then you spray it on the car like an aerosol. The drawback to this is to make sure you are in a garage or out of the wind or you will have overspray everywhere. The Zaino drawback is drying time and the amount of material you need (more towels).

I did make an interesting discovery and that was after using the Wet Paint, I went over the car again with Zaino Z6 (spray) and when I put the bottle of z6 the roof it started sliding down, it would not stay because the surface was so slick. I think the best thing is that in Spring or Fall do an entire car in a few coats of Zaino and then perhaps during the summer months use the Wet Polish. Just thought I'd share this information with everyone.

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: BK ]

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wow, thats some gooood info, I'm going to try out some meguires 3 step on tuesday when i have the day off, and I think I'll add a few steps, hehe. I have a bunch of different waxes and polishes and it needs a VERY thourough job. I might have to get some of that wet paint stuff, it sounds very handy. Sometimes I will go to a car wash for lack of time available, and I'd like a quick wax & protect solution. They put a "proctective coat" on, but that lasts a day :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts