DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote ZEX this: Any ideas on an approximate date, because if I can t get it by this winter I m just going to chip it & say to heck with nitrous. (don t trust a non-computer controlled system or generic application like NOS) I am running the 96 3.3l engine

their reply was: This system will be available within 21/2 to 3 months.

So it looks like we may be getting computer controlled nitrous :D

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Don't you need a certain compression ratio to run NOS? Also, can our fragile tranny's handle the boost of power from NOS or even the CHIP?

·
Registered
562 Posts
the tranny *MAY* be fin with Nos in small amounts

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
sorry guys, but according to what I heard, it is not a very good idea for the trannys to be handling nitrous oxide pressure. DjNRG posted a very good link which should explain a lot about nitrous use. Go to search and type in nitrous as the search criteria, and then in the results click on I think its titled, some very interesting information I found about nitrous or something like that. There are two links, one for second gens and one for first gens, I am very interested in finding out what you guys think about that article.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think that as long as the nitrous amount increased very gradually with the rpms the transmission should have no problem with it. as long as the amount of nitrous when the transmission shifts gear is near zero which is why I want a zex kit becuse you are supposed to be able to program all that stuff into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts